Greeting from the Gallery!Here in the gallery we are really starting to feel the holiday spirit. Its so nice to visit with all the local folks who have frequented our shop over the years and have purchased many gifts here for their friends and family. With the new restaurant in the building we are seeing even more new local folks come through the door.
Keeping it local is a very very important theme we artists and crafts makers live by. SevenArts will be participating in the Small Business Saturday event this Nov 28th. Its a day to encourage the support of local economies nationwide. It follows on the heels of the craziness of "black friday". The hope is that folks wont forget their local makers and markets in the holiday rush.
Hope to see you in the gallery soon!
October 18, 2014
Great Reasons to Shop Local!Via Sustainable Connections
- Buy Local-- Support yourself: Several studies have shown that when you buy from an independent, locally owned business, rather than a nationally owned businesses, significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses, service providers and farms -- continuing to strengthen the economic base of the community.(Click here to see summaries of a variety of economic impact studies; these include case studies showing that locally-owned businesses generate a premium in enhanced economic impact to the community and our tax base.)
- Support community groups: Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
- Keep our community unique: Where we shop, where we eat and have fun -- all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of this place. Our tourism businesses also benefit. “When people go on vacation they generally seek out destinations that offer them the sense of being someplace, not just anyplace.” ~ Richard Moe, President, National Historic Preservation Trust
- Reduce environmental impact: Locally owned businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation and generally set up shop in town or city centers as opposed to developing on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
- Create more good jobs: Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in our community, provide the most jobs to residents.
October 9, 2014
Maine Craft Weekend
Fall is in all its glory and its a great time to get out and explore Maine! We at SevenArts are participating for the first time in the Maine Crafts Weekend event. If you are out and about this Saturday stop by for a little fun at the gallery as we do some demonstrating.
April 8, 2014
Spring Has Sprung!
The gallery is looking awesome with a new paint job, re-arrangement and and general spiffing up. There are so many great new pieces that have been brought in by the members. Each time I come in to do my day in the shop I get to see what everyone has been working on over the long hard winter. I feel so lucky to be a part of this super creative group!
Feb 4, 2014
Just bought a Rebecca Krupke.... but its a secret!
I was in the gallery this morning when artist Rebecca Krupke came in with the most beautiful new photos of Lucerne and Phillips Lake! They are gorgeous shots in winter just before an approaching storm. The one I choose is taken from Sunset Rock. Its going to be a gift for my husband so don't tell!
|My terrible photo of a gorgeous photo!|